05 August 2009

Illusive #3




A few months ago I received an exciting offer from Gestalten book publishers who are well known for their reputable and beautiful art and design books. They kindly invited me to submit work for Illusive 3 and lucky for me I have a double page spread nestled amongst some of the coolest illustrators from around the globe. From what I can see, the book looks stunning and I adore the teal linen cover. Believe me I'm pinching myself! Thank you Gestalten, I am absolutely giddy!!!

Here's a blurb about the book which I snatched from the Gestalten site:

Illusive. Contemporary Illustration Part 3 Editors: R. Klanten, H. Hellige Language: English Release: August 2009 Available Soon! Price: € 44,00 / $ 65,00 / £ 40,00 Format: 24 x 30 cm Features: 340 pages, full colour, linen hardcover, reading ribbon ISBN: 978-3-89955-250-8

Over the past four years, Illusive and Illusive 2 have documented the flourishing discipline of illustration and established its expressive, poetic and esteemed voice in contemporary visual culture. They introduced world-class illustrators of the time as well as discovering fresh talent still yet to be found by the mainstream. The third volume of the series further documents the thriving medium of contemporary illustration with work by illustrators curated from around the globe. Independent from fleeting trends, illustration continues to burgeon on its own grounds. Illusive. Contemporary Illustration Part 3 addresses the inexhaustible possibilities of styles and techniques that are practiced today through the broad range of examples featured that span from fashion illustration to the current flirtation with figurative painting, material application as well as deconstruction and collage. The lavish illustrations covering page after page and copious texts and interviews with leading design agencies, once again provide context and give valuable insight as how the design discipline functions. As with the previous installments, the editors have scouted even more new and emerging talents in this volume making it the definitive reference and veritable guide to the best in illustration today.

I believe the book will be released sometime this month. Once again stayed tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kewl