29 May 2012

sydney highlights

 
Last week Cookie and I had a girls weekend away in Sydney, the first of many more happy trips to come I hope. Quite simply we had the best time ever! Big thanks to Cookie for the laughs and companionship. Big thanks to Susie P for great tip offs and more big thanks to amazing Kate Banazi for showing us around your fabulous new studio and venturing out on the town with us, apologies for getting overly tipsy on one champagne, we LOVE you and think you're totally RAD. Thank you to Megan Morton for letting Cookie and I gatecrash the Rachel Castle workshop and letting us take cheesy photos and  putting up with our incessant chatting, we were completely and utterly charmed by your generosity and the magic of The MM School, check out Twenty Six Letters blog for a taste of what we saw. Can I just say that Koskela is just about the coolest place on earth. More big thanks to a large majority of the lovely shop assistants on Crown Street, Surry Hills and thanks also to those quaint little boutiques down that little side street off Oxford in Paddington, Cookie and I loved chatting with the friendly staff and we're very grateful for allowing us to take pics of your lovely wares. Thank god we found Bourke Street Bakery (thanks again Susie P for the recommendation) truly the best tart I've ever tasted, I'm kicking myself that I didn't bring home a box of treats. Lastly, final thanks for the glorious weather Sydney, Saturday was a belter, 22 degrees! It was good to come home to the family full of inspiration and sneaking into the kids room for a midnight cuddle was the icing on the cake. 

No comments: