06 November 2011

Día de los Muertos Wrap Up

Last week I was lucky to have been invited to guest blog on The Design Files during Día de los Muertos celebrations. The week also coincided with major internet failure, in fact NO internet other than my iphone which isn't ideal when you want to respond to peoples lovely comments and the like. I now have the luxury of re-reading everyone's special comments on a super wide screen which sure beats squinting at a little ant size monitor plus I'm dreading my next phone bill. I have to say other than my minor technical glitches it was a really uplifting experience to hear people respond so positively to the Mexican way of grieving and adopting their own touch of Mexi colour and celebration into their own lives. Everyone involved was SO, so generous with their time, Lucy Feagins and Jenny Butler for compiling my posts and images with their typical magic touch and the fine peeps at Mamasita were incredibly generous donating a dinner voucher. Big shout out to everyone who used their social networking powers and tweeted the word around (you know who you are and I'm eternally grateful) and massive thanks to all the lovelies who allowed me to post their crafty Day of the Dead inspired wares. But it was everyone's amazing responses and follow up emails that really warmed my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you. Steph from Bondville emailed me a link to a Day of the Dead post that she put together last week, coincidently she included some images of my personal art and was doing further Day of the Dead research to add to the post when she stumbled across my TDF's guest posts, what a snap! Since then Steph emailed again with an update of a cute Día de los Muertos themed wedding shoot that she spotted on The Green Wedding Shoes. Such a sweet Frida-esque bride! It makes me want to renew my wedding vows, wouldn't Mr Karl be delighted?!
The Design Files guest blog highlights.
If you missed my Día de los Muertos guest blog posts and feel like drenching yourself in all things South of the border then follow the links below a for dose of Mexicana Monday through to Fridays food festivity posts. Unfortunately the print and Mamasita competition is officially closed. The winners will be announced on The Design Files Monday 5 November plus I'll do a little shout out here too, watch this space. 


*the lucky winners have been announced, drumroll please... 
The ‘Sweet Calavera‘ print is going home with Janelle P and the Mamasita $100 voucher was won by Erin S! Super congrats lucky ladies! 
We'll be in touch xo
 The Design Files guest blog Intro
Monday Día de los Muertos
Tuesday Making a Shrine
Wednesday Get Yo Mex On!
Thursday Mexify Your World
Friday Festivity of Food





No comments: