01 September 2010

New Work and happy eating!

Another busy week, o.k I know I'm sounding a little repetitive but it has been a bit of a struggle to find time to dedicate to my blogging duties. On a domestic front we are having big success with baby Ada's lack of bowel movement with naturopath visits. Poor bubba has struggled for months with, hmmm, toilet issues. It's so liberating to get simple and sympathetic advice, in a nutshell she has allergies and she needs to keep her dairy and wheat intake to a minimum. Basic diet changes and natural supplements have helped our little tot become a very happy and 'regular' customer, pretty much overnight! Big relief for us all. I stumbled across a local organic greengrocer that stocks the bestest low allergy products and other goodies which will make my life a little easier. Will post details later for anyone interested plus I spied the neatest water cooler which has gone to the top of my wish list, watch out for more info in the next post. This healthy dietary change has prompted the need to get the veggie garden resurrected, a massive weed challenge awaits... Talking about food (perhaps not such a healthy option but a yummy treat) I've been saving our over ripe bananas to make na-na cake complete with choco goodness. It's the easiest recipe ever and you simply combine by hand, less washing makes me a happy camper! See recipe below.

I'm so chuffed to announce a collaboration I did with U.S company Grove. They've just released one of my images on their totally awesome iPhone 4 Artist Series bamboo cases! So amazing to be a part of their product range amongst a bunch of incredible and admirable artists, check out some of the other designs here. Big thanks to Joe and crew x o x

I'm trying to find the time to bust out some new work. See above for sneak peek of 2 new images that I've been working on. I'm torn between adding colour or not...

Easy As Banana Cake
125g soft butter/nuttelex
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
3 over ripe bananas
Choc bits
1.5 cups self raising flour

Icing
Softened cream cheese, sifted icing sugar, soft butter, small amount of lemon juice.

Soften butter/nuttelex, add sugar, eggs, mashed bananas. Add pre sifted flour. Mix by hand. Pour into baking tin. Bake for approx 40min at 180 degrees (fan forced oven). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

The covers look AMAZING Maddi... very very cool! Congrats (and big love to everyone from Luxembourg) xo