26 August 2009

LAB X SHOW UPDATE

I'm busy gearing up for the Lab X show in November with Irene Grishin-Selzer. There may be a few more surprises in store... Announcements soon! Here's a sneak peak at a kanga inspired piece that I'm working on at the moment, I'm going through the black ink at the moment and I seriously need a refill soon.

In other news I've been excitedly planning a little family holiday to sydney in October. I've nailed an amazing place for us to stay with incredible views across the harbor at Point Cremorne. We travel to Sydney almost every year without fail, we usually stay at pretty crummy hotels or budget accommodation. In the past we have been lucky enough to stay with relatives but with 2 kids this becomes increasingly difficult and not too relaxing. We're looking forward to getting out and about and finding some hidden shopping treasures. Our favorite destination is Paddington market and strolling down Oxford Street and weaving in and out of the gorgeous streets and exploring all the cool little boutiques that run off Oxford. I also love visiting Crown Street particularly Chee Soon and Fitzgerald for a good dose of Marimekko products. We always drive down to the Northern Beaches and head for Palm Beach for the delicious sandwiches at Pronto's (1095 Barrenjoey Road) and check out the cute shops along the strip. There's SO much to see and do but so little time. Please email me or comment on some must see's & do's if you are a keen Sydneysider, I'd love your advice!

No comments: